Vaping and smoking offer the fastest routes to enjoy CBD’s relaxing effects and therapeutic benefits. But for people who’ve never vaped before, especially non-smokers, vaping CBD can present a unique challenge.
In this article, we’ll cover all the types of CBD vape devices, how to vape CBD oil, and the best way to determine your ideal CBD vape dosage.
How CBD Vape Pens Work
CBD vape pens are similar to E-cigarettes designed for nicotine. Both work by heating specially-formulated oil until it turns into a vapor. When you inhale, the active ingredient goes directly into your lungs, where it can rapidly enter the bloodstream.
Most vape oil pens consist of four main parts:
- Heating chamber
Types of Vaping Devices
Manufacturers offer a wide assortment of devices for vaping CBD and other concentrates. It’s good to have choices, but selecting among the dizzying array of vape devices can be the most confusing part of vaping CBD.
Disposable Vape Pens
Disposable vape pens offer the most convenient way for beginners to try vaping CBD. They’re easy to use and come pre-filled with a measured amount of CBD vape oil. Using a disposable vape pen is as simple as pushing a button or two and inhaling. When the pen’s empty, you throw it away. Unfortunately, the drawback of disposable vape pens is the negative environmental impact. You’ll probably want to invest in a non-disposable device if you decide to continue vaping CBD.
CBD Vape Cartridges
CBD vape carts allow you to try different flavors with the same vape pen. Most vape carts are compatible with standard 510-thread batteries.
Refillable CBD Vape Pens
Refillable vape pens allow consumers to customize their vape carts with the CBD oil or E-juice of their choice. Refillable vapes are cost-effective, but they require maintenance, which may not be convenient or appropriate for beginners.
CBD pods use JUUL batteries instead of 510-thread types. These devices are handy if you already vape E-cigs because you can switch between nicotine and CBD. Pods are available in both disposable and refillable models.
Dry Herb Vaporizers with Concentrate Adapters
Dry herb vaporizers with concentrate adaptors offer the best of both worlds. They allow you to vape hemp flower as well as CBD vape oils and other concentrates. However, they require a larger initial investment and can be more challenging for beginners to use.
How to Vape CBD Oil
The first step to take when you buy any CBD vape device is reading the manual. While most models work similarly, they have slight differences. Following the manufacturer's instructions will help you get the most out of your CBD vaping experience and extend the life of your vape pen.
How to Vape CBD with a Disposable Vape Pen
Vaping CBD with a disposable vape pen is quick and easy:
- Most disposable vape pens come with a quarter charge so that you can use them right away. If not, you’ll need to connect the device to the charger and plug it into a USB or regular electrical outlet to charge the battery.
- When the battery is ready, remove the charger.
- Press the button to inhale.
- The pen will automatically shut off after a few moments.
How to Use CBD Vape Carts
- After charging the battery, connect the vape cart.
- Click the power button five times to start heating the oil. A small light may blink when the vapor is ready.
- Hold the button down to inhale the vapor.
- Press the power button five more times to shut off the unit.
How to Use Refillable CBD Vape Pens
Refillable vape pens are a little more tricky to use:
- Fill the tank with CBD vape oil.
- Prime the heating coil, and wait 5-10 minutes.
- After the coil is ready, press the power button five times.
- Adjust the airflow, if desired.
- Hold the button and take one or two small puffs.
- Press the button five times to turn the pen off.
- Clean the vape tank and replace the coil as needed.
How to Use CBD Vape Pods
- Connect the pod and the JUUL battery.
- You don’t need to press a power button because JUULs are draw-activated.
- Inhale the CBD in small puffs and wait to judge the effects.
- Tapping the JUUL twice will show you how much charge is left in the battery.
How Much CBD Vape Oil Should I Use?
Unfortunately, there’s no standard dose of CBD for everybody. The best way to determine your dosage is to start with one or two puffs and wait 15 minutes to gauge how you feel. You can always vape more if you want stronger effects. Unlike with edible CBD, the effects of vaped CBD only last around 2 hours, which means they’ll gradually lessen if you take too much.
Vaping CBD Oil FAQ
Will I Get High from Vaping CBD Oil?
No, CBD is non-psychoactive and will not produce any intoxicating feelings.
Can I Use Regular CBD Oil in My Vape Pen?
No, CBD oil tinctures are too thick to use in a vape pen. CBD tinctures formulated to be taken internally can damage vape devices, and many contain ingredients that may not be safe when inhaled as vapor.
Does Vaping CBD Produce Side Effects?
Most people won’t experience any adverse effects when vaping CBD. However, vaping large quantities may lead to mild side effects, such as:
- Appetite changes
- Dry mouth
Can I Vape CBD Oil if I’m Pregnant?
More research is needed to understand the impact of vaping during pregnancy. We recommend that pregnant or nursing mothers avoid vaping CBD.
Can I Vape CBD Oil While Taking My Prescription Medications?
Consumers should seek the advice of a trusted physician before vaping CBD. CBD may interact with some prescription medications.
How Long Should I Hold CBD Vapor in My Lungs?
You don’t need to hold your breath when vaping CBD. Simply inhale in small puffs and exhale normally. Check out this video on how to inhale properly when vaping.
How Do I Select the Best CBD Vape Products?
- Made with lab tested CBD distillate
- 5% organic terpene sauce
- Canadian made